Thursday 29 October 2015

Homemade Soy milk

 2015-Oct 29th
Hi ! It has been almost 2 months since my last post. Time really passes so swiftly. During the last 3 months my husband and I were busy with the new member at home ! Looking after baby need a lot of energy as we two old folks are over 66 years old already...Now everything is easily handled. So,while time allows, my husband is happy to make soy milk and a jam called "kaya" (next post).

We learnt the method of making soy milk long long time ago from a friend. We used to buy soy milk from market,sold only at weekends. But so unfortunately the uncle has stopped selling since he had a fall and been hospitalized for quite sometime. My son drinks a lot. So,we have to do it ourselves at home. Taste is "not bad" to me and my sister in law said it was nice !

Process  :
Soy beans, any amount you like..we tried with a cup of  soy beans for 1st try and later increased the amount if we need more soy milk.
Soak the beans over night.
Next, I prefer to peel off skins of the beans before blending, so that it tastes better when cooked.
Add some water to the beans in the blender and start blending process.
Pour the blended paste into a cloth strainer as shown in the pictures. Must add water each time you are to squeeze the bean paste to get the amount of soy you want into a pot below the strainer.
If the milk is still thick, add water to it before or while boiling.
Let it boil for a while and turn off fire. Add sugar to taste. Let it cool down before pouring into containers.
Happy trying !









No comments:

Post a Comment